Is This Ram Ok?

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my 2.4 ghz imac 20inch (aluminium one) with two 2gb ram cards. I found these and I think they're ok to use with my iMac, but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm it for me please? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
I have heard of that brand, its a decent brand from what i've heard.

OP
J
Reaction score
From what I saw on the customer reviews section, people seem to like it. Just wanted to check if it would work, I'd rather not spend £50 then find out their incompatible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Would this be compatible with your mac?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000JREMTO/

Well it's a touch cheaper than the corsair brand you were looking at + free shipping. And I can Vouch for the Kingston brand as I use it in my imac. And no a day of trouble.

But for the corsair, that should work for you.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks, that looks like another good option, I'll think bout it, but if they both work, there can't be much of a difference can there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I have kingston and corsair. Both are fine in my imac and MacBook

Reaction score
Yep, Corsair will work just fine in there. Not to sound like a shill but I've been using G.Skill memory recently and it's working great in my G5. Not the first problem and the price keeps on coming down on it on Newegg. Gotta love that.

shawn

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.