Spore on a MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
i no this is not in the right forum but is there any way i can play the new spore that is comeing out on a macbook i have cossover games any way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
All the current MacBooks use a GMA X3100 Integrated Graphics Processor.. which according to both SporeWiki [Link] and IGN [Link] will be able to run the game.

But since it is an integrated graphics processor.... prepare to play the game with almost all the settings at their lowest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Why would you run Spore under Crossover Games? They are releasing a native Mac version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
I have a macbook from april 2007 and the game runs fine apart from the creature creator which shows a black screen where the preview should be.

This is due to me no having a spec graphics card but the weird thing is if i run windows in bootcamp with the game it runs fine!!

Any issues with it not running on the macbook are not due to the graphics capacity but EA being stupid!

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that I have to use a mouse on my MacBook Pro for the game? I've got through the Cell stage ok with the touchpad but it seems Creature stage needs a mouse with a right click. Is everyone using a mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I am, and yes, you pretty much need right click for the rest of the game.

Reaction score
I have a macbook from april 2007 and the game runs fine apart from the creature creator which shows a black screen where the preview should be.

This is due to me no having a spec graphics card but the weird thing is if i run windows in bootcamp with the game it runs fine!!

How did you get it to run on windows with boot camp? i can't get anything to transfer over to windows on my macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
How did you get it to run on windows with boot camp? i can't get anything to transfer over to windows on my macbook.

Uh.... boot into Windows, install the game, then run it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well I'm not so sure how it'd run on a macbook. Not to well I'd guess. In 4 of the 5 stages I can have the graphics up to even high in some cases and it runs fine. But in creature stage it has to be almost low across the board or I get massive lag.

I have a x1600 ATI graphics card in my imac.

So expect creature stage to be a killer but the rest of the game pretty ok.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.