Replacing mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
I am planning to replace my Logitech LX7 optical mouse with the LX8 laser model. Will I need to uninstall the software for the old mouse before I install the new one? If so, how do I do this as the software is not located in the applications, but is in System Preferences. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
frazzm737,

I'm using an older Logitech optical 2 button scrolling mouse and have never installed any software on the Mac for it. I did go to SysPrefs>Keyboard & Mouse>Mouse just to set up the different speeds. I suspect if you plug in the new mouse it will do the basics until you uninstall the old software and then install the new software to get the extra features and buttons on the mouse.

I don't think you'll have any troubles at all,

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
frazz - I've got the current Logitech software installed, just swapped out my Logitech Wave Keyboard/Mouse for a Logitech S530 Laser Mouse/Keyboard. I put batteries in the new one, hit the sync button and it immediately found them and they started working. No need to do anything else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.