iMac EFI Firmware Update problem

Reaction score
Hi,

Every time I do a Software Update check on my computer (iMac OS X), it keeps telling me to download the iMac EFI Firmware Update. It's version 1.3 and its size is 2.2MB. I download it fine, or at least it says it's been updated, but then when I restart my computer it is still on the Software Update list. It's kind of annoying since it gets downloaded every time. It's been doing this for months now. Any idea as to how I can fix the problem?

Many thanks! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try selecting 'Download Only' from the menu bar. download, run Repair Permissions, and double click the download to install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to Disk Utility in the Utilities section, select the OS icon and hit Repair Permissions.

OP
T
Reaction score
Great, thanks! That definitely worked. :) It's just been one of those things that has been annoying me, even though it's something small. I appreciate your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problem tiptoe any time at all and send a private message if you wish by clicking on the name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.