Iphone 3g GMAIL account in mail

Reaction score
I set up my mac email and gmail email account into my mail app on my iphone, now if i get a new mail in my mac account. it tells me immediatly, but the gmail accounts have to be refreshed before it will say it has new mail. is there any way to get the gmail accounts to refresh on their own like the mac account so i don't have to always open the mail program and refresh to check for new mail?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You can set the interval with which your GMail accounts will check for new mail under the settings...

Settings > Fetch New Data > Fetch: 5 / 30 / Hourly or Manually

MobileMe supports "Push" email, so new email messages will automatically be pushed to your phone the moment they're received. Most mail services don't support push though. (On the iPhone only Yahoo, MobileMe and certain Exchange mail servers will).

You could forward your Gmail to Mobileme, but that seems like overkill. Every 5 minutes isn't too bad, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
It is actually 15 / 30 / Hourly or Manually....

Fifteen minutes is a long time for email...

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I set it to 15min which is good and itworks like a charm.

You can set the interval with which your GMail accounts will check for new mail under the settings...

MobileMe supports "Push" email, so new email messages will automatically be pushed to your phone the moment they're received. Most mail services don't support push though. (On the iPhone only Yahoo, MobileMe and certain Exchange mail servers will).

You could forward your Gmail to Mobileme, but that seems like overkill. Every 5 minutes isn't too bad, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can set your gamil account to forward all to your mobile me account. Then on your iPhone change your outgoing smtp on your mobileme email to use your gmail server.

You now have Push Gmail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is actually 15 / 30 / Hourly or Manually....

Fifteen minutes is a long time for email...
Whoops, right you are.

However: I just sent myself an email from Gmail to my MobileMe account (with Push enabled on the iPhone) and started the stopwatch on the iPhone at the same time. I gave up waiting after 5 minutes and manually checked to see if there was another problem. It downloaded then immediately.

So "Push" seems to be far from instantaneous as well, although I'd be curious to see what your experiences are. (This was on a first gen iPhone with 2.0.1 and over Wifi).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've had good luck with the push on MobileMe. It's on the order of 45 seconds from send to delivery for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've had good luck with the push on MobileMe. It's on the order of 45 seconds from send to delivery for me.
I poked around a bit and others recommended restarting. After that, the push took around 10-20 seconds over Wifi and GPRS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I made a yahoo account to test push, and after sending myself an email, my iphone got it within 10 seconds...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.