Active Sync for Mac?

Reaction score
Having recently made the switch to a Mac, but still owning a Windows Mobile (WM5) phone, I am finding it difficult to sync my phone with my Mac. I don't want to use Bootcamp or any virtualization so is there an option to get Active Sync on my Mac (mini)? Preferably free!

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you: Just ordered an iMac, but keeping my UTStarcom PPC-6700. I'll let you know what I find out after my iMac arrives tomorrow, but I plan to try Missing Sync.

OP
M
Reaction score
Oh I have Motorola Q, so it looks like (from the above posted link) that it won't be natively supported. Missing Sync is the answer, huh? There is nothing free?

Reaction score
Activesync for mac= Syncmate

Hi guys,

do a google search for Syncmate. You can download it for free and try it. I had a slight problem because the driver in my HTC Touch Mobile phone sometimes doesn´t start up on its own. I got a full reply from them in less than a couple of hours. I then payed the ( I think $39 but please check) and it comes in the full format and I cn sync everything on my phone, including iCal and Tasks. I don´t use a couple of options, like iTunes and email because we work in a secure Windows environment and my mail is not accesible except when I am physically at my desk.

Anyway, I got help on this forum so I thought maybe you were interested in my experience. I switched to Mac in June this year and I am very happy and even hoping my 2 PCs still on the home network will soon die!

OP
M
Reaction score
Hmm, I downloaded SyncMate but my Motorola Q doesn't seem to be recognized. It just says "New Device" in the Device Profile field. I sent an email to customer support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
I use Salling Media Sync for my HTC Droid Incredible. It seems to work well with the free version. My contacts and calendar stay synced with Google sync. You can sync files wirelessly with Evernote for Mac and your phone. MoblieMe would be a much better resource if Apple would let it sync with something other than the iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.