bamboo creative drawing pad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
as an artist I need to know if I can do paintings on the screen in preparation for my actual canvas. Need for color combinations.

Judi Brodhead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
If you mean Bamboo as in referring to a Wacom Bamboo, that doesn't do anything with the screen. You can draw on the surface of the tablet, but not the screen. Now if you want a screen to draw on, The Wacom Cintiq does just that.

Wacom Products

Reaction score
Talking about the Bamboo, I use it and it's a great tablet to have. My tablet is the "small" size. I wish it was bigger, but it still does the job.

I recommend it, but as Cuhnool said, it's just a tablet. Not a screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Talking about the Bamboo, I use it and it's a great tablet to have. My tablet is the "small" size. I wish it was bigger, but it still does the job.

That's the tablet I'm wanting to buy. Since my mom got me Photoshop the mouse just doesnt cut it for me to actually do my work. I also hear that using the pen for the mouse will reduce hand injuries and what not. I don't have any of those, but it may be more comfortable.

Reaction score
as an artist I need to know if I can do paintings on the screen in preparation for my actual canvas. Need for color combinations.

Judi Brodhead

In my opinion, the best software product for doing paintings on your Mac is Corel's Painter:

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1166553885783#tabview=tab0

This is a very powerful program with EXTENSIVE features that mimic that qualities of natural media- the brushes, palette knives, canvases, oil, watercolor, or acrylic paints, etc. ,etc., etc. It's also pricey! But, maybe you can buy an older version on Ebay or something. I still use Painter 8 and it works with OS 10.5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.