Putting a .iso file in Dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.33 C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD
Hi

I'm trying to clean up my computer desktop, and am trying to put some files I frequently access into the dock. I have a .iso file I frequently use, and have made an alias on the desktop. However, I can't find a way to put it into the dock. Neither the original file or the alias is placeable in the dock. Does anyone know how to put disk images into the dock?

Thanks,

-ST-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You should be able to just drag the original .iso on to the right hand side of the dock, next to the trash, no need to create an alias.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi

I'm trying to clean up my computer desktop, and am trying to put some files I frequently access into the dock. I have a .iso file I frequently use, and have made an alias on the desktop. However, I can't find a way to put it into the dock. Neither the original file or the alias is placeable in the dock. Does anyone know how to put disk images into the dock?

Thanks,

-ST-

Hmmm... an alias should be dock-able, but it needs to go on the right side of the divider line (closer to the trash can).

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.33 C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD
Hmmm... an alias should be dock-able, but it needs to go on the right side of the divider line (closer to the trash can).

Thanks! That did the trick. I don't ever mess with stuff over there, so it didn't even occur to me to try putting it over there.

-ST-

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.