• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

advice on where to sell ibook G3 as spares?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an old ibook G3 - 12.1/900MHz/512MB/40G/COMBO and am wondering if anyone has any advice as to where/ who i can sell it to for spares? (especially in london and/or UK). I have seen on ebay that there is quite a market in selling parts as spares, but personally do not have the knowledge or know how to do this!

It no longer works due to a dodgy logic board (according to the mac store) and is not worth getting fixed. It still seems to start up, but i am unable to see anything on the screen. Before the screen went completely, I hopefully managed to erase the hard drive(!).

The computer itself is in good condition, just a bit aged-worn. The battery still fully charges and power-cord works. I also have the box it came in and all software.

Any advice as to how much a machine in this condition would go for?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/ advice anyone can give!

Cheers,

Sonja

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
ill give you 25 right now?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.