A couple questions about the hardware

Reaction score
I am pretty new to the hardware of macs because I normally work with PCs. I have a couple questions about the Mac Pro.

Firstly, from what I can tell, I'm assuming that the Mac Pro doesn't support a SLI config or a Crossfire config but it does support multiple video cards. Is this correct? Am I also correct in assuming that when you have multiple video cards, this doesn't actually speed up GPU processes, it just allows for extra monitors?

Second, if I wanted to be able to use SLI, would I be able to build a custom PC and take the parts from a Mac Pro and stick them into another mobo that support SLI. AKA are there parts in a Mac Pro that won't work outside of the Mac Pro motherboard? Or any problems I'll run into with support of hardware in a case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
1. You are correct

2. Macs are just PCs with Apple motherboards and a shiny OS. They use the same ram and graphics cards as seen in PCs, so you can use Mac Pro cards and ram in a similar PC

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Nvidia's website would be the best place to start looking for drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.