Airport Express Problems?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Version 10.5.6
We have two airport expresses in our small two bed room house, one is connected to the internet, and a set of speakers. The other is in another room hooked up to another set of speakers and set up to amplify the signal. But when I go to play music thru them in itunes it skips like crazy, I have talked to the mac geniuses and they have assured me there is nothing wrong with the airports.

So maybe its how I have them set up?

Please help? Which radio mode is best? Which channel is best? Does WDS mode affect this? What about MAC address access control?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
If you are using any sort of encryption like WEP or WPA, I'd suggest changing it to none and utilize MAC Address Access Control. You'd need to assign all devices manually to be allowed on your network, but you'd have less latency with wireless traffic and therefore less (in theory) skipping.

Radio mode can be b/g. But if all devices are using G only try G only.

Channel can be affected by any cordless phones. Check your phone to see what channel it uses and then select another channel for the AE.

WDS is required to get two AE's to work together. This needs to be on. The one connected to the internet is main and the second is the remote. The should both have unique names.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.