Can I get a new Power Adaptor for this

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
The cord of my power adapter broke in a normal usage
And it really bugs me but it still works, but strings keep getting out till it's fully stripped I guess and it stops working
The best description I could think is:
The plastic surrounding the internal wire got away from the magnetic adapter now you can see the wires, and those wires get lose one by one in a slow process but one day it will be fully stripped and stop working
The power adapter is quite expensive and I find it sad that within a month it broke
I hope I can get a free replacement, someone knows if I can?

Here is a unclear picture of it:
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2892/p4110041fi0.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Complain nicely, and if that doesn't get you anywhere complain some more? If you've not done anything to it that shouldn't be happening. I had to replace mine and it cost me £60.

OP
H

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Sweet I think I'll print that out and take it with me(Is there some apple.com page about that also?), where do I have to go tough
There are no Apple stores in my country
Just a lot, really a lot of premium resellers and such but no actual apple stores
EDIT:
Oh this is a really close service provider: http://www.ljs.nl/
I'm going to bring it there soon and I find the official page(Was in the link you gave me)
that's really nice it's even in dutch so they can't deny it:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1977?viewlocale=nl_NL

OP
H

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
An update

I got response from LJS
They told me I have to pay €15 or wait a view days so they will send it to apple and receive a new one

Is this normal, the problem is I don't have a spare I need a new adapter
I'm going to try and contact some other stores also

Reaction score
Hit, I saw your pic, mine's got the same fault and it's only like 6 months old!
Let me know if they give you a replacement...although with Apple's customer support they'd probably leave you without a power adaptor for a few weeks until they send your new one...

OP
H

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Let me know if they give you a replacement...although with Apple's customer support they'd probably leave you without a power adaptor for a few weeks until they send your new one...

I have got another reply
I have to give my adapter to them, doesn't matter when
Then I'll have to wait 2/3 Working days to pick up a new one
Or I can pay €15 and get one immediately(this option would be free if I bought it there but I didn't, I bought it at a shop which also sells windows laptops but I did it there because I got a free 160GB USB HDD :D and therefor aren't a service provider)
I'm going with the free option going to the store on monday
And I'll let you know when I will receive a new one

Oh and the policy is that you can return your adapter anytime doesn't matter how old it is even when it's out of the warranty you can always replace it as long you got it with a:
MacBook (13-Inch eind 2006), MacBook (13-Inch), MacBook Pro (15-Inch Glossy), or MacBook Pro (17-Inch)

I have a 1 Month old Macbook 13-Inch so I can return it withouth trouble

OP
H

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz

Sorry for late response but I just remembered
I already got a new adapter, I got to the store with my adapter but The guy told me that I needed to bring my serial so He told I could also email it as he already seen my adapter really had this problem
So I did that and a view days later I got a call I could pick it up, when I picked it up I brought in my old adapter and got a new one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.