Installer update 10.1

• grampus

hey,i'm having a problem installing the installer update to get from 10.1 to 10.1.5 and thence to Jaguar;my hard-drive icons are always grayed out.any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
hmmm did you try repairing the disk permissions.....thats all that comes to my mind

OP

• grampus

trpnmonkey41 said:
hmmm did you try repairing the disk permissions.....thats all that comes to my mind

i can't find disk permissions in 10.1;i know how to do that in jaguar(with the disk utility),as i had that installed before,but the disk utility in 10.1 doesn't allow that option.i'm stuck

OP
N

Neo

Help

• grampus said:
hey,i'm having a problem installing the installer update to get from 10.1 to 10.1.5 and thence to Jaguar;my hard-drive icons are always grayed out.any help would be appreciated

I'm having this problem also. I just purchased an Ipod and it requires 10.1.5 to run the software, can anyone help me out? Or should I just say screw it and spend the money to buy Panther?

OP
N

NaRO

Maybe...

Well, when i first installed Mac OSX on my mac, it was the 10.1, and i also wanted to have the 10.1.5 so i could install the MSN Messenger :p, the installer wouldn't let me install itself into the hdd mac os was on (showed in gray the hdd), then I reallized that i had to upgrade frist to10.1.3, then to 10.1.4 and finally i could upgrade to 10.1.5.

This link may help: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106713

It shows in wich proper order the updates shall be installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Also, according to "Download Requirements", you have to install Security Update 7-18-02 for version 10.1 before you can install the Combo.

OP
N

NaRO

Is there a 10.1.5 combo !!?? ¬¬U, Gosh if I just would have seen it before I downloaded all the updates from 10.1 through 10.1.5 :S.... lolz... fool of me, well... next time will check first for a combo :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.