Help- Wireless Internet Problem

Reaction score
When I turn my laptop on it asks which network I want to connect to. I click on my netowrk, put in the WEP password and conncect. Now at the top right side of my screen there are solid bars and my netowrk has a check mark next to it. However I can not get on to the internet or msn and because it says I'm not connect to the internet. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You've successfully connected to the router but it doesn't sound like the router is connected to the internet.

Has it worked before? Or is it a new router?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
so the router came precinfigured with a wep password?

You need to log into the router and enter your ISP username and password most routers have some kind of setup wizard that will guide you through the process it's normally included as a quick start leaflet that comes with the router too.

If you have no luck post back the make and model of router and I'll try to knock up some step by step info

OP
L
Reaction score
It's a D-Link WBR-1310 router. I already logged on and changed the WEP password. I think it must be working because the router shows up when I look at available networks and I am able to sign in to it. However, I am not getting internet access.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's working in that you're connecting to the router. You've successfully set up a network between your mac and the router but the router hasn't been given the information to connect to the internet.

I can't seem to find your router on the dlink website. All the routers on there have models starting with a D. However most seem to come with a setup disc that will step you through configuring the router for internet access.

It's not exactly the same model as yours but look at P14 of this manual. It shouldn't be too different from yours.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Are they DSL or Cable?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.