New MacBook Pro, No Power Anymore

Reaction score
I was happy that I bought a new MacBook Pro today for more school related use, but when I went to go turn it on to use it recently...it didn't turn on, I tried to mess around with everything that I could think of, but it's not turning on now....any ideas??
If not, I'm definitely taking it to the Apple store tomorrow.

Not too worried since warranty will cover it, but if I'm missing something really obvious....I doubt it, it would save me a trip.:Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
did it ever turn on? Is it plugged in?

OP
I
Reaction score
yeah it turned on originally, but now it doesn't and yea, I tried with it plugged in, but no luck!:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
is there a light on the front?

OP
I
Reaction score
No, no light is on, it basically seems like the unit is off, even though I keep pressing the power button...No indicators blink or anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5
Same Problem, but More

I cannot power on my macbook pro, the power button does not light up and the computer seems unusable. However, it must be on becuase it is using battery power and the unit is warm underneath. I tried the troubelshooting steps on Apple's site, but nothing (removed battery and power cord, held power button for 5 seconds). The unit is only a month or two old. Worked fine the last time I used it (at work), brought it home, tried to start her up, and nothing.

Please help!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.