More RAM!!!

Reaction score
Maybe I'm asking too much out of my machine, but I did buy the 2.6 Ghz Macbook Pro to replace my old desktop and so far it's doing everything better and faster than my old Sony Vaio Desktop. But now I've started to really push it with the heavy multitasking and I think I need more than 4 Gigs of RAM. Are they ever going to make 4 Gig Ram Chips to make a possible 6GB or 8GB of RAM available? Especially on a laptop. Just wondering.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yes, they will.. probably in the not too distant future.

your hardware will very likely not support it.

OP
Mufasa
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Hopefully if they do make 4GB's RAM chips they make them backwards compatible with the speeds of Macbooks and such. That can be seen with the RAM on the iMac's, you have to get special RAM because sometimes certain ones won't work with the iMac's front side bus.

OP
Mufasa
Reaction score
EDIT:

Here's images of the stress I put on the Machine, feel free to post yours!

Picture 1.png

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Maybe I'm asking too much out of my machine, but I did buy the 2.6 Ghz Macbook Pro to replace my old desktop and so far it's doing everything better and faster than my old Sony Vaio Desktop. But now I've started to really push it with the heavy multitasking and I think I need more than 4 Gigs of RAM. Are they ever going to make 4 Gig Ram Chips to make a possible 6GB or 8GB of RAM available? Especially on a laptop. Just wondering.

What are you doing to your machine? I multitask plenty with 4 Adobe CS applications open at the same time and switch back and forth all the time. Never have any problems.

What you probably need is more cores on the CPU rather than more RAM if you are multitasking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
EDIT:

Here's images of the stress I put on the Machine, feel free to post yours!
What's the ram usage?

For instance, in Picture1.png you'll see my CPU is maxed as your is and in Picture2.png you'll notice that I'm hardly cutting into the 4GBs of RAM I have installed.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.