Battery seems to not hold a charge. Is this a problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
I have noticed that my MBP battery does not hold the charge very well. For example. Ill do the full cycle to calibrate the battery and make sure it charges to 100%, i keep the AC adapter plugged in all the time unless the laptop has to be portable. But when im done using the computer ill shut it down completely and when i go to power the computer back up( power cord plugged in before i even hit the power button) the battery meter shows somewhere in the 97-99% rather then the 100% which it clearly read before i powered the computer down. I don't ever really see the battery at 100% other then the time i charge it to 100%, no matter what i do it reads something less then 100 the next time its used

I have read all about the maintenance processes of the battery and follow all steps to make sure the batter is in the best condition it can be. But im wondering if this is just the way it goes or if i should bring this to apple's attention in the chance i could have some sort of malfunctioning battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Batteries will discharge over time, without use. That's normal.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
ok thanks for clearing that up. I wasn' sure if that was due to some kind of battery issue or not.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC BOOK 13in
your guess gonig to have to get a new one if it not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
Yeah, this is not a problem at all. Even when my MBP is plugged in, my battery goes down to 97% then back to 100% all the time. From what I've read, this is 100% normal, and definitely doesn't mean it doesn't hold a charge :). When it is running on battery, you still get a few hours of usage?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.