• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Grandfather needs help

Reaction score
I have no clue about macs...(I know FAIL) Right!!!!

My grandfather is having problems setting up his email on his emac o/s 10.3.9 he has an email address set up he just needs to be able to click the icon on his..I call it desk top. please help if possible I am sure he would very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Hotsauce

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You mean link the account with the Mail application? Like using Outlook Express to read your emails.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Ok, so the settings he needs will depend on who his email account is with. Do you know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
if it is not a very well known email provider, you will need the pop3 address, and smtp address. you open "mail" which will be on the dock, or in the applications folder. you open that and click file >add account, and it should be self explanatory from there.

edit: milessthomas beat me too it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.