The "dream" iPod Touch...

Reaction score
Hi people

I was wondering, after reading those rumors about new iPods coming out (which would probably end up in just more capacity or maybe a Touch nano...) what would my dream Touch would be.

Besides Flash, copy paste and all of the software stuff, here's what I'd like:

-External speakers
-Camera
-Much more capacity, 64, 128, etc
-Enable disk use
-Working GPS

It sounds like an iPhone... yeah, but, if you think about it, this would make the iPod a much more complete personal computer... so to speak, and personally I like the fact that an iPod would last forever, an iPhone is your cellphone, it gets scratched, dented, falls to the ground, lost, etc. I mean, they should make the iPod even more complete with these features, so that non-iPhone users can also feel that they are at the same level even after paying MORE for the unit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Hi people

I was wondering, after reading those rumors about new iPods coming out (which would probably end up in just more capacity or maybe a Touch nano...) what would my dream Touch would be.

Besides Flash, copy paste and all of the software stuff, here's what I'd like:

-External speakers
-Camera
-Much more capacity, 64, 128, etc
-Enable disk use
-Working GPS

For disk use, search for the App, "DataCase". Its great. Around 6 bucks, but turns your iphone or ipod touch into a wireless storage device on your wifi network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
you pay more because i have a 2 year contract that apple gets 10%-20% of.

so in the end, we pay more, alot more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Um yea iPhone users are paying A LOT more. 30 bucks extra a month just for data, another 5-20 dollars for texting. With the 2 year contract, thats going to be on average over 1000 bucks, and thats just data and text, don't forget the other 30 or 40 for the voice part of the plan as well, theres another grand or so. So when you think paying 100 bucks "MORE" is a huge huge difference for the ipod, think of it this way, your not paying a grand a year to run the phone. (gotta say I love my iPhone 3G, however I think 30 bucks for data is completely ridiculous on AT&T's part, with a racket that bad they could at least throw in 1000 text messages or something)

All in all, they should definitely make the ipod with every feature the iPhone 3G has, except the phone part. Even if GPS, camera, etc, costs like 50 bucks more, I think it would be well worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
For disk use, search for the App, "DataCase". Its great. Around 6 bucks, but turns your iphone or ipod touch into a wireless storage device on your wifi network.

I agree with the recommendation of DataCase.

My only caution would be that when I had it installed the backup function in iTunes stopped working, it would just lock up. I tried removing my data/files from DC, but no luck. It was not until I removed DC that I could again backup my iPhone. I suspect that iTunes doesn't like the Data Base it creates to store files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.