Setting New Password for Internet Sharing Network

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I recently set up an airport network between my macbook pro and pc, but didnt set a password. Now i want to, but i cant seem to find where i would be able to do this. I've tried to create a new network, but whenever i turn the sharing on, it goes back to my old unsecured network. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks alot,

Daan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
When you say you want to set a password, you mean you want to encrypt the network? If you select something like WPA or WPA2, you can set a network password. It actually shouldn't let you continue until you enter one.

OP
D
Reaction score
When you say you want to set a password, you mean you want to encrypt the network? If you select something like WPA or WPA2, you can set a network password. It actually shouldn't let you continue until you enter one.

Exactly, I'm trying to encrypt the network, by setting a password. The thing is that when i set it up for the first time i didnt choose for this option because i just wanted to test if it was working. Now that it is working, i'd like to be able to either set a password, or create a new network with one. Now i've tried the last option, but as soon as i turn on internet sharing again, it goes back to the network i created first... What to do??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Is this through you Macbook only, or are you using a Airport router/access point? You should be able to remove/edit any networks you already have created.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.