What gets suspended, when Mac OS gets locked

B

bjoern

HI,

I'm having a little issue with my lovely MacBook and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it, without having to reinstall the system.

The problem is that it doesn't doze / sleep anymore by itself. I can close the lid or select Sleep through the menu and sleep works just fine. I have checked everything, please believe me. All those obvious things, like Energy Settings. I've checked running processes and whatever someone suggested. Reset PMU, etc.

I'm trying to find a pattern, when it doesn't doze anymore, but it's really tricky. Something that I found is that when the screen is locked, it dozes fine. I think. Haven't really tested it yet.

But in the end, I'm pretty confident that it's some process or something that keeps accessing the disk and resets the sleep timer.

Now, long Story short: Can someone tell me, what processes / actions get suspended, when the screen is locked? Or does everything in general just keep running like the screen is not locked?

And as a side question, is there any way that I can monitor the sleep timer? To see, when it gets reset? Not necessarily by what, but at least when, so maybe that gives an indication on the interval?

Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
as far as I know, nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I dont think that anything gets suspended. Try going into user preferences and see about that and see if your timing for sleep is off or something

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.