Error at Startup on Macbook

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive had my macbook a good few months now and its been working excellent until i decided to have a go in boot camp!, bad idea! it was going all so fine until i tried to install windows xp, i couldn't use the keyboard as it was disabled. I found another way around it all as i couldn't actually get off that instal screen at start-up, i read a few forums and found it i held down the option key at startup i can choose a certain drive, i did this and i am now back to my MAC :) straight away when i got back on the Mac i removed pretty much everything for boot camp as i didn't want anything to do with it!!.

Now, when i startup my computer it comes up with a black-screen with a flashing 'underscore' (_) in the top left hand corner, the only way to run the mac in the right way is to revert back to the option key and choosing MAC OSX, if anybody can help me out here i will be extremely grateful!

Cheers Lads & Lasses

Jordan
Newcastle, UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If you go to System Preferences> Startup Disk, is the one that says 'OS X 10.5 on **** HD' selected?

OP
J
Reaction score
This is what i see...
20zw8c5.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try selecting your HD and restarting.

fn7594.png

It could just be looking for something else to boot from, if you see what I mean.

Reaction score
Skaheadpunk nails it, you have a non-existent net boot server selected! Usually the Mac will try to connect, fail and then default to your internal drive. But something is amiss. Highlight your hard drive. All of your problems will be solved... Maybe!

OP
J
Reaction score
Lads you are just fantastic!

Everything seems to be back to normal :)

Thanks very much, Top Work!

If i have anymore problems i will get back to yous!

Cheers!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lads you are just fantastic!

*ahem* no lad over here! Lol. Glad it's working for ya, feel free to ask more questions, I'm on a roll today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.