Shared Printers Disabling...Please Help!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive
I am about to pull out my hair. I was able to print from my laptop to a printer physically connected to my eMac. Both Mac's are connected thru a Belkin 802.11g router. The bad part is that the shared printer does not stay shared. When I tried to print a second time the shared printer did not show up as a printer option. I tried to add it by going thru Go>Utilities>Printer Setup but it didn't work either. The only way I was able to do it was by rebooting the eMac. Then the shared printer was available again. I locked the shared printer after rebooting but again, I could only print once.

I don't want to have to reboot just to print every time. Any ideas out there? I tried the discussion boards that Apple hosts and didn't get anything. I am all ears here. Thanks for any help. :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you tried repairing permissions? is this happening in certain apps only, or system wide?

OP
scubagal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive
Actually, I have only tried printing word docs or web pages. My concern is that the option for the shared printer is not there at all. I am completely confused. If necessary I will buy a print server but I'd like to fix the problem first. Don't want to let it beat me.

Macman said:
have you tried repairing permissions? is this happening in certain apps only, or system wide?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.