iPod Touch wont turn off

Reaction score
Out of nowhere my iPod stop working. I was unable to turn it off and after it turned off by its self as its programed to do after a minute. It started flashing the apple logo (which after a while gets very annoying). When its plugged into my MacBook it starts to work with out the ability to turn the iPod off. when unplugged it begins flashing the apple logo once again. I have restored it completely more than five times and every single time it gives me the red "slide to power off" option every 15 seconds until it starts to flash the logo. Yesterday i saw that there was a new update and even with that update it still gave me the "slide to power off" every 15 minutes and the apple logo. Does anyone know what i should do to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
hmm, if you have even done complete restores i would recommend taking this to an apple store for them to check out, unless someone else has a better idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
hmm, if you have even done complete restores i would recommend taking this to an apple store for them to check out, unless someone else has a better idea.

I second contacting Apple and have no better ideas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
freakin' ditto. I hit the standby button on top and nothing happens. I have to wait for it to time out... and sometimes it doesn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Did you hold standby button and home button for about 10-15 seconds? That should reset it.

OP
S
Reaction score
I reset it to it factory settings about four times and it still have that problem. I have to wait a week now for a ride to the apple store to go take it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Did you hold standby button and home button for about 10-15 seconds? That should reset it.

Yeah, I do that. It doesn't fix it. I plug it in to a computer. it doesn't fix it. meh.....*sigh*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.