magsafe light

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
Recently, the light on my power cord turns off when the computer is fully charged, whereas it used to stay solid green. The power adapter is only two months old so I hope it's not faulty. Does anyone know anything about this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
it happens sometimes, just re-plug it. if the light doesn't come back then you should be eligible for a replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" C2D 2.4GHz 2GB Ram 160GB HD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Nano 8GB
I believe it does that when your battery is fully charged and now just running on ac power. my power cord does the same and when the light on the magsafe is off it usually says 'not charging' on the battery indicator on the top right screen. but like skyrider said if you unplug it and plug it back in and the light does not go on then you have a problem .
hope i helped .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
The light on my last MagSafe and this one have both stopped working properly after a while, dunno how long. Both were still fine (until I managed to rip the first one!), worked perfectly regardless of what the light was doing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.