Burning issues with my powermac's superdrive

Reaction score
So I'm trying to burn a 4.38 GB ISO (or disk image) to a normal 16x MAXEL DVD+R (should have a 4.7GB capacity) and I keep getting ""untitled DVD" is too large to fit on disk. Remove some files and try again". It will let me burn smaller files (I've tried approximately 1mb (906kb), just to see if the burner worked at all), so the burner does work, but won't let me burn a 4.4gb file on a 4.7gb disk. What would the problem be? I haven't tried this on any other computers, but when I do, I will post the results.
-thx!:)

OP
Wman
Reaction score
I need it to be unzipped so i can boot off it. But if I put it on a blank flashdrive and boot off the flash drive will it work the same way. (the install works the same way as the xp / osx install, boot off cd and installer loads). Would that still work?
-thx

lol 4.37 gb is max and I have a 4.38gb iso!

OP
Wman
Reaction score
Also, for burning that kind of iso, if I just burn it onto the dvd ill it work, or is there something special i have to do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.