• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

POLL: Your Cellphone Provider/ How Much $$ U Pay/ Happiness Scale?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
It was a 5 year exclusive deal with AT&T and they are almost 2 years into it.

Trust me, at this point Verizon wishes that they had gone with Apple. Heck Steve went to Verizon FIRST and their CEO turned him down flat.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/30/verizon_turned_down_iphone/

It may not go the whole 5 years. There is talk of them ending it early.

Of course, this is just speculation. I'm fine with ATT. Verizon certainly isn't much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Verizon certainly isn't much better.

Actually I found Verizons service to be quite excellent from Hawaii to Virginia, Maine to San Diego and pretty much everywhere in between. I can't say the same about AT&T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac
Actually I found Verizons service to be quite excellent from Hawaii to Virginia, Maine to San Diego and pretty much everywhere in between. I can't say the same about AT&T.

Same here. I'll never use AT&T not only because Verizon out performs them IMO but AT&T also tried to screw me on my billing and I through a fit about eight years ago and threatened to report them and they begrudgingly adjusted my bill and let me out of my contract.

Reaction score
It may not go the whole 5 years. There is talk of them ending it early.

Of course, this is just speculation. I'm fine with ATT. Verizon certainly isn't much better.

I can't imagine with both of them making money hand over fist, either one of them actually wanting to end the exclusive they have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
We've got a cingular/at&t family plan. We pay 141$ a month for 3 lines, 1400 minutes and unlimited texts on all.

The service doesn't work at all where we live, we moved from Atlanta, GA to Outer Banks, NC and the service was great in Atlanta, but we get 0 bars pretty much everywhere but right on the beach here. At&t refuses to let us out of our contract, we've been asking for 6 months and have 5 months left. So we continue to use the service but it doesn't work, anywhere, and... I'm just going to say At&t is a service & contract nightmare. I'm not paying the 200 something dollar fee per line to cut our contract.

:(

I rate my service at a negative 10000000

:Add:
Oh and Verizon is fantastic, I have a verizon work phone (unfortunately can't make personal calls on) that gets full bars almost everywhere, (including a mile out in the atlantic on my boat)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I have a T-Mobile Sidekick, and it's added on to the family plan is about $80. And I get unlimited text, unlimited data (email, web browsing, instant messaging), and MyFaves. And unlimited weekend minutes and free talking after 9:00 PM (i think so)

All in all, it's an awesome plan. I usually do about 200 texts per day, and am on the web browser all the time. I also use the AIM app quite a lot, more than i do on the computer. Actually, I'm talking to one of my friends on my phone via AIM :D

10/10 happiness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
everyone i know with a sidekick, its cool for like a couple months and then it starts to suck and fall apart.

they just start to look nasty and bad really quickly

not really, I have had mine since November, and it's quite durable. I have dropped it pretty close to about 100 times, and it's still intact. it doesnt look nasty nor bad. I still like it, and a lot of people like it.

Reaction score
We've got a cingular/at&t family plan. We pay 141$ a month for 3 lines, 1400 minutes and unlimited texts on all.

The service doesn't work at all where we live, we moved from Atlanta, GA to Outer Banks, NC and the service was great in Atlanta, but we get 0 bars pretty much everywhere but right on the beach here. At&t refuses to let us out of our contract, we've been asking for 6 months and have 5 months left. So we continue to use the service but it doesn't work, anywhere, and... I'm just going to say At&t is a service & contract nightmare. I'm not paying the 200 something dollar fee per line to cut our contract.

:(

I rate my service at a negative 10000000

:Add:
Oh and Verizon is fantastic, I have a verizon work phone (unfortunately can't make personal calls on) that gets full bars almost everywhere, (including a mile out in the atlantic on my boat)

I am not a math major but wouldn't paying off the account be less then paying $140XX times 11 as versus $200 times 3??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.