Address Book, need help urgently!

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have an intel system, using the Tiger system

Today I decided to try and clean up my computer. I deleted something which seemed to wipe basically my whole computer. Once I restarted it, all my photos were gone, contacts, emails etc. I had a backup on an external harddrive. I had saved my user information.

I was able to get my emails back. The photos on iphoto library. Some of them get transfered and then the rest, it tells me that they weren't recognized. Not sure what is going on there.

My main problem though is my contacts in my address book are all gone. I had over 500 contacts. I really need to get them back or I am in big trouble. can some give me a step by step lesson? I have found a few addressbook.data and addressbook.data.previous files. Just don't know what to do with them. If that doesnt work, can i try and undelete them? can someone tell me the best software to buy?

Any help is so appreciated.
Avril

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.