Problems w/ iBook G4 disc drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4Ghz Late 2008 Edition
So three days ago, I was making a playlist for my friend to burn in iTunes. I pop in a blank disc (I get the whole "you have inserted a blank disc, what would you like to do" window), and clicked, <Ignore> as usual. I go to the Burn Disc button in iTunes and it says "Please insert a blank disc".
I tried ejecting it, putting it back in, and I tried about 5 other blank CDs.

I never had a problem in the past, and I don't recall doing anything before that might of messed my settings up.

i'm on an iBook G4 (the 1.33ghz edition) running Tiger version 10.4.11

Any ideas on what's wrong? I know the drive hasn't completely broken, as I can still play games that require the game disc to be inserted.

Thanks beforehand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
When that happens again, just click Enter and see if it doesn't recognize the disc in the drive.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4Ghz Late 2008 Edition
It says "Please insert a blank disc" in the bar where it usually says the song playing, album, etc. The only way to make it go away is by pressing the little X next to it. When I pressed enter, all it did was start playing the first song in the playlist that i wanted to burn.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.