Using Linux through Parallels on a Boot Camp Partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel iMac 20" monitor, OS X 10.4
Hi,
My project for today has been to install Ubuntu Linux in Boot Camp, which I have acheived, but I have no wireless drivers, which can be easily remedied, but I'd also like to be able to access my Linux installation through Parallels in order to use it while I'm in OS X, just for the **** of it.

My question is this: Is it possible to access it, and if so, how?

I've already tried with various settings to access it (with parallels accessing it as if it were a Windows installation, but with the OS settings set to Linux), and I managed to some extent. It gave me a screen with a terminal or MS-DOS-like interface, but at the start of each line was "GRUB>". I pressed TAB which it said would bring up a list of commands, which it did, and then I typed into the console "boot".

It gave me an error message about needing the Kernel to start up, but I never got anything like that when booting from boot camp - it worked perfectly, in fact.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance :Smirk:

-Richard

P.S. Please no complicated jargon, I am only 14
P.P.S. I do like jargon though, it's why my friends are so easy to confuse
P.P.P.S. ... I don't really have anything to say
P.P.P.P.S. ... ARGH! THE ATTACK OF THE P.S.s!!!

P.P.P.P.P.S. Moving on

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.