iSight and webcams question?

I

iMan

I want to buy a webcam for my Mac, but feel the iSight is way too expensive at £120.

Can anyone recommend one that will work with the Mac to use with iChat via my Broadband connection?

Should it be FireWire, or will USB be okay?

Reaction score
iMan said:
I want to buy a webcam for my Mac, but feel the iSight is way too expensive at £120.

Can anyone recommend one that will work with the Mac to use with iChat via my Broadband connection?

Should it be FireWire, or will USB be okay?

As long as it is USB 2 compatable it should be fine... Wouldn't hurt if it were also firewire too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The iSight may be expensive, but the quality when using it is amazing. You can use any USB2 or Firewire cam and it should work fine, just be aware that the quality will be no where as good.

OP
D

Desolate One

I was given a Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro by my GF for the holidays but unfortunately was only supported by Yahoo! Messenger. The program is so buggy it would consistanty crash under every 5 minutes and would not restart unless she logged off.

I bought an iSight the very next day and have had no problems wotsosever. Save yourself the frustration and pick up the iSight. It wont dissapoint and never fails to amaze.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.