iTunes without Credit Card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Is there a way to only use gift cards as a payment method for iTunes? If so, how? I think cash is a much better way to pay, and a gift card is the closest thing to it. I also don't have a credit card, so I can only use gift cards anyway.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
I think your out of luck unless maybe you have a paypal account that you can add a virtual paypal debit card to itunes. Problem is to do that in PayPal, you need a Bank Account.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I believe you can do it with just a gift card. When I set up my wife's account, I did it that way. You can also link it to a PayPal account. Just do a search in iTunes help for "redeem gift card", it should walk you through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I think all you do is go to iTunes Store and then on right hand side of the iTunes Store there is a menu option for Redeem or something like that (not at my Mac at min) - this then asks for the gift card number.

My youngest sister used this method last summer when Coka Cola where giving free itunes away with a bottle of coke - no credit card needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.