Blue line down screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 Macbook Pro, 2gb Ram, 120gb hdd
Hi everyone,

I bought a macbook pro about a year and a half ago and it has just recently developed a blue vertical line down the screen that I can't get rid of, and a fainter white one horizontally.

I didn't purchase applecare with it so it is unfortunately out of warranty. To be honest, I didn't expect to get problems with the screen this quickly! Any ideas on what else could be causing it or how I would need to go about fixing it?

Many thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Changing the display on a MacBook Pro can be expensive unless you intend to do it yourself. But first I think you need to make sure it's the display and not the video card that's causing the blue vertical and white horizontal lines to appear.

Probably best to let a tech at your local Apple store to look at it. They'll give you an estimate before doing any repairs.

Regards.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
Apple will quote the cost of repair at just under the cost of new to encourage - surprise - you to buy new.

Look on eBay for reputable replacement services and query them with your issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.