Macbook Memory Question....

Reaction score

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The timings are different , Low-Latency. Get the one with lower latency. ^^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MB, 16gb 2g Iphone, 80gb 5g Ipod, White 3g 16gb Iphone
how easy is this to do? can you open it yourself (does opening void warranty) or do u have to take it in to one of those mac geniuses to do it for you?

i just bought my 2.4ghz mac book from best buy (they have good financing deals) and i couldn't customize it like you can on apple.com. i really wanted a bigger hard drive but a portable external can fix that problem...but the memory i do want the 4gb but it only comes with 2 from BB and again no customization. and i was wondering how easy it is to upgrade the memory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
how easy is this to do? can you open it yourself (does opening void warranty) or do u have to take it in to one of those mac geniuses to do it for you?

i just bought my 2.4ghz mac book from best buy (they have good financing deals) and i couldn't customize it like you can on apple.com. i really wanted a bigger hard drive but a portable external can fix that problem...but the memory i do want the 4gb but it only comes with 2 from BB and again no customization. and i was wondering how easy it is to upgrade the memory

Take out your battery and look underneath, there's a diagram. Upgrading ram is an easy job and doesn't void warranty. You need to take out 4 more screws to replace the hard drive, so that's pretty easy to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MB, 16gb 2g Iphone, 80gb 5g Ipod, White 3g 16gb Iphone
awesome thanks for the speedy reply!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 17" 2.4,160,4,HiRez +TC500
Use a good #00 Phillips screwdriver

The screws may be well set (Lock-Tite?). When I took mine out the tip of my cheap driver broke off and was wedged inside the screw head. Fortunately got that little piece out & removed screw with a spare driver. chadstoolbox.com for FELO 31772 Phillips #00 x 2-3/8 Precision Screwdriver... be patient, don't misplace those LITTLE screws.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
I have gskill memory in my macbook and it works great :D

gonna upgrade my HD eventually.

good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.