iDVD Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB RAM
Hey again,
With my new iMac i decided to make a dvd from the film shot at christmas, i editied it and all, then made the thing in iDVD, and i click burn, and it goes to stage two which is rendering menus, and it just freezes, idvd freezes. any ideas why this happens???
cheers
eddy

Z

zeppster

I remember this used to happen to me. I had a bad stick of RAM in my second slot and since iDVD is a very demanding program it would freeze when it started using that stick. You probably have a bad stick of ram in your second slot. Try taking the second stick out and burning. It will take longer but you'll know if you indeed do have bad RAM or not.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB RAM
thanks

Thanks, i tried that and my RAM was fine, so i got my mate to come and not sure what he did but i have a nice Christmas Eve 2004 dvd sitting next to me ready to be giving to my mate, thanks for your help though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
try deleting idvds preferences, its in this path:
mac hd>users>your username>library>preferences>com.apple.iApps.plist(delet this),
and com.apple.idvd(this too), that should do it, repair permissions after deleting these files, restart, and then try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.