iNoob - Macbook or Pro?

Reaction score
After just reading over an hour of information regarding the MBP, I have NO idea which direction to go for my new laptop. I am currently working on a PC. The original plan was to go for the MBP, to comply with my extensive photo editing and CS3 usage, however the issues that have been revolving around that machine(opp. system?) including the blank screen issue and the wifi issue are really staring to scare me. Has this problem been fixed as of today? If not, should I just go for the black Macbook and upgrade the **** out of it? It hurts a little to read everyones stories of dropping all this money on their new machines to have issues within the first month. I need to get this soon(before Oct for the ed. discount) so all help would be appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know why you're afraid to purchase a MBP. There are myriads of MBP owners who have absolutely no problems with their machine. Other than it being rather expensive, it's a fine machine which will give you years of untroubled service. And if you should have a problem, that's what Applecare is for.

Apple service and technical support continues to lead the industry year after year, and this year 2008 is no exception. Likewise for quality control and usage.

I guess you can always purchase a top of the line Sony or Dell and take your chance with either of them - and pay around the same price. But before you do, take look at how well their service and support is rated.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 15" | iPhone 5 | iPad Mini
Well, no matter if you decide to go PC or get any sort of macbook, either side is always going to have problems. I also am looking to purchase a macbook pro and have spent a good amount of time researching. I've read plenty of horror stories but for the most part a lot of people are still satisfied with it. I would say just take the plunge and if you still worry that something bad will happen to it pick up the apple care plan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.