Other data

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPhone & div.
Hi, when I plug my iPod in I have the space available bar witch tells me I have 700MB of other. What is other and how do I get rid of it?

Reaction score
Those are probably files that you have copied onto your iPod. On the opening iTunes window is Enable Disk Mode checked? Your iPod will show up on the desktop as a storage device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
They can also be album covers. I believe iTunes changed how it stored them and they show up as part of the "other" category now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Or if you have photos there's an option to store the original on the iPod as well... does that come up as Other?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I uncheck album artwork and that got rid of the majority of the data now I have 83.4MB of other 26.35GB music & 1.46GB Free. I am now on sync to selected playlist witch has all my music in it but no playlists, but I click sync all music & playlist's itunes tells me there is not enough free space 3.49 required 1.46 available. but my iTunes library is 26.35GB so it has all the music but know playlists. Dose this mean my playlists take up 3.49GB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you have all of your music on there and the playlists are subsets of that music, this shouldn't be an issue. It sounds like iTunes thinks there is additional music that is part of the playlists that are not already on the iPod. Is there?

Your best bet is to delete the music from the iPod and then re-sync it to just the playlists, that way you can have both.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You cant seriously have 102484 songs on iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.