any one know about tethering with your macbook pro?

Reaction score
anyone successfully usng there phone for tethering with there macbok pro? if so what phone and service do u use... im wondering this because instead of getting a wireless card for internet use from my cellphone service provider i wanted to just upgrade my cellphone to one that supports tethering....to use when im on the road...hmmm thanks for any help in advance...

OP
T
Reaction score
any one?

ok..im gonna have to find some type of happy medium between a cell phone with its high monthly rates, and a internet card. but cant afford both.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
What type of phone do you have? I have a Samsung A707 and if I connect to it from my MBP through bluetooth I have the option of using my phone as an internet connection through my service provider.

OP
T
Reaction score
im in the market or a new phone... and carriers dont really go into detail in there spec if the phone is able to be used that way...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini, 20" Cinema, wireless keyboard and mouse.
What type of phones have you seen? Most will as far as I know.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Nokia 6230 can do it, or at least it did back in the day before iPhone

OP
T
Reaction score
yea i would expect most pda/smartphones to do it but it seems they dont. take iphone for example... i deff want something that was new or recently released...im actually thinking of the the motorola a1600 (ming 2)... i had the original ming and it was really good with tethering on a cingular 3G network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.