Iphone Microphone Doesn't Work.

Reaction score
i have an iphone, & a second hand user. and unlocked, using TMOBILE.
sometimes, my audio doesn't work unless i flick it.
and when the sound works, my microphone disables for some reason, so no one can hear me speak while i'm on the phone.

i was wondering if i reset it to factory settings (in which i have done), and not put my sim card in it, will there be a manufacturer's warranty still on there..

please help me :(
i don't know what to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Since the phone is unlocked the warranty is void unless you virginize the phone... I would do a restore. Also I have a similar problem with my microphone. I removed the black plate and cleaned out the microphone and all was well,just dirt inside blocking sound.

OP
I
Reaction score
Since the phone is unlocked the warranty is void unless you virginize the phone... I would do a restore. Also I have a similar problem with my microphone. I removed the black plate and cleaned out the microphone and all was well,just dirt inside blocking sound.

thanks. but what if i hit it a couple times...do you think i've worsened it? lol. i probably did..but i'll try cleaning it out. thankss again! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
No I don't think it made it worst. Make sure you follow the guide on iFixit.com before even attempting to open the iphone. Also you are talking about the microphone on the bottom,Right?

OP
I
Reaction score
No I don't think it made it worst. Make sure you follow the guide on iFixit.com before even attempting to open the iphone. Also you are talking about the microphone on the bottom,Right?

yeah. thanks for your help, again and again! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just follow the guide on iFixit.com. good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On the black piece you removed.On the bottom there is a piece a fabric glued on. Try removing it,this worked for me and people could hear me. If the microphone is shot. you can buy one on ebay for less than $10.00

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I use a sim adapter ,But I would not recommend it.They lose signal a lot and are difficult to remove.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.