• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Question about ipod touch rebate with purchase of Macbook

Reaction score
Hi I purchased a new macbook for college and I got the printer and the ipod touch with the rebate. I decided to keep the printer and return the ipod in a different apple store. They gave me full credit for the ipod so now I have a certificate for 300 dollars to apple. Is this wrong because I got the rebate? I decided to return the ipod because I unexpectedly got an iphone for my birthday. I plan to spend the certificate on other things at the apple store. PLMK what you guys think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
So you did return fraud....they could catch you on returning the ipod touch and charge your account...I think that's stated in the rebate rules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
They may void the rebate check / charge your card. idk exactly how they do it, but you don't get away with it. I got my $300 rebate, and sold mine for $250 to my boss, so I came out with a printer + $225 from the deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny — it is the light that guides your way.

-Heraclitus

Take the advice of an old, dead Greek philosopher and do what you think is right. Personally I would take it to the Apple store and ask how they want to handle it. They may tell you that you are an exception and that they don't have a process to handle that, letting you keep the check. They may say "thanks" and take it back. Either way you will have done the right thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook
I would definitely go get the iPod Touch back, telling the truth, and if you still don't want it try selling it outright, like budafied did.

OP
C
Reaction score
But now I have a certificate to the apple store. I am still going to spend the money at apple, I just dont need an ipod because I have an iphone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.