snapz pro x 2 capture location workaround???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" mac book pro, 2.4GHz core 2 duo, 2G ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, 256 RAM, 160G HD @7200rpm
invested a hefty sum in snapz x pro 2 with video capture, finally got it working okay with battlefield 2142, but the problem is that i cant set it to capture on my external HD, which is a necessity because i only have 5g free on my MBP. it will not (and this is really foolish of the developers) let me set a specific folder to capture on. i can capture onto about 10 preset locations such as clipboard, desktop, pictures, and so on, but those are all on my internal HD, so is there a possible workaround to this? such as re-designate my pictures folders to my external HD? this is really killing me, because without this feature the software is about as useful as a knife in a gun fight. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Open the manual and search for the word external. You'll find this titled entry; "How can I save to an external drive, or anywhere besides the locations in the Send to popup?"

Clearly from the answer, the product is so primitive that it can't do what you want without major hassles. At that they refer to NetInfo which is no longer part of OS X as of Leopard.

They mention `temporary tracks' which I think is the actual recording as it occurs. That will eventually be writen out to the destination folder you have chosen using the codec you chose. I couldn't find those tracks otherwise I would have tried to figure out if a Unix symbolic link would have done the trick.

OP
volta88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" mac book pro, 2.4GHz core 2 duo, 2G ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, 256 RAM, 160G HD @7200rpm
you are my hero!!! i can't believe i didn't see that in the manual, i feel like an r-tard :), it works great now though! let the frag videos ensue! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
If you're short on disk space, I think you'll end up with the same problem. The reason is that those temporary tracks are being written to your main drive. The thing is, you won't notice it until some process complains you are running out of disk space. You'll just have to test it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.