question about hosting, beneficial to know

Reaction score
Here is my dilemma, thanks to a thread in these forums I was directed to a hosting website called http://pc-core.net and I was interested in using them, because it does not appear that they oversell at all. My question is regarding the fact that they have the shared hosting for $12/month with ~5gb of disk space and 50gb of transfer. I then just looked at reseller hosting for the heck of it, and noticed i could get a reseller hosting account with 45gb storage and 450gb of bandwidth for $10/month. Even though I wont be selling hosting, or anything like that, can I use a reseller hosting account like a normal shared hosting account?...just with more space and bandwidth?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Here is my dilemma, thanks to a thread in these forums I was directed to a hosting website called http://pc-core.net and I was interested in using them, because it does not appear that they oversell at all. My question is regarding the fact that they have the shared hosting for $12/month with ~5gb of disk space and 50gb of transfer. I then just looked at reseller hosting for the heck of it, and noticed i could get a reseller hosting account with 45gb storage and 450gb of bandwidth for $10/month. Even though I wont be selling hosting, or anything like that, can I use a reseller hosting account like a normal shared hosting account?...just with more space and bandwidth?

Thanks!

Your probably going to have to ask the host directly because they all have different policies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
$12 a month is robbery if you ask me. Yes you can probably use reseller hosting as your normal hosting, they probably dont want you to do it but cant really stop you. To be safe I would contact their support to know for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I pay $10 a month for 400GB Disk Space 4000GB Bandwidth, so I agree with Tuba, thats a rip!

OP
M
Reaction score
asdf

so what host are you using....and do they oversell... id rather have less space and bandwidth and faster speeds than having a ton of both and being crammed together with a million other people on the same server....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I have been with them for over 5 years, hosting a DJ site and my photo portfolio, never had a problem. I usually pull over 800kb/s from my site. I don't know about their policies, but they work for me.

http://www.surpasshosting.com/

Reaction score
Offering such as "400GB Disk Space 4000GB Bandwidth" is pure overselling. I would suggest you not to sign up for reseller hosting account unless you really need it. Just ask the web host why do they sell Reseller plan for less than shared hosting service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.