Average Life of a Clamshell

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
300mhz 192mb 6gb
Hello Fellow Mac Machine Lovers,

I was wondering if anyone who has owned or currently owns a clamshell laptop can tell me what the general conck out year for one of these models is? I have a tangerine model which i purchased about 2 1/2 months ago and i love it. It's slow but it's great for writing plays and articles which is what i do. I ask this because i know they came out in the late 90's early 2000 so i'd like to know if i should max it out to 544 and go for the max gb or if i should max the mb out to 544 and go with an external drive. The last external seagate drive i purchased didn't work with the clamshell so it's currently connected to my pc. Eventually i'd like to get a mac mini but for right now my questions are:

1. What is the maximum gb a clamshell model can take?
2. Is it better to max out the mb and gb?
3. Should i forget about maxing out the gb and just go with the external drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I had one that died this year, I think it was made in 99?

I don't really understand the mb/gb question. You mean the RAM and hard drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You could upgrade it, but as long as it is still doing what you want of it there is no point sinking more money into it with ram and hd upgrades

Either put the upgrade money towards a brand new mac mini, ot look for a second hand intel mini that might be a better investment for your money

The clamshells were good, and I would hang on to it, but save your money for a newer mac rather than throw money at the clam

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ibook/stats/ibook_366.html

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
300mhz 192mb 6gb
Thanks

Thanks for the insight. and i was trying to say what you referred to skaheadpunk. I'm not very savy when it comes to computer lingo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.