Colin MCrae Rally mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
I have a full-priced, utterly kosher version of this brilliant game.

However (there's always a however isn't there?) the game demands that the DVD be in the drive.

I travel for a living and don't particularly want to carry an 'extra' DVD. In WinXP there are some third party applications that emulate the DVD in software.

Are there any such applications in OSX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Yup, you can get cracks and things for games to run them without the disk, but I'm not sure on the legality of that so will say no more!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Actually you might be able to use Toast Titanium to make an image and mount the image, as long as you own it! ;)

I have done this with my Rosetta Stone program so I don't have to keep the disc in the drive. As far as I can tell it works pretty much the same as the windows equivalents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Disk Utility should also be able to make a disc image that is mountable - give that a try first since you already have disk utility installed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Disk Utility should also be able to make a disc image that is mountable - give that a try first since you already have disk utility installed

This won't work with some programs, such as Rosetta Stone. But I agree, try that first since it is free.

OP
brianwmay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Thanks, I'll try it.

What I really want is to 'tell' my MBP that the DVD is in the drive. It's a quandry isn't it?

I KNOW why this security is there, but I am 'squeaky clean' and just want to minimise what I carry with me - let alone the slot loading always makes me think the disk will get scratched.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.