Web radio broadcasting software?

Reaction score
hey guys,
anyone have any suggestions for a good program for broadcasting web radio? ive tried nicecast, but it only allows one input at a time. I would like to have one that allows you to fade between mic, and specific programs..

any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
The only one I have used is IceCast, but I don't think it supports what you want. Not to mention that it looks like internet radio is on it's last leg due to the RIAA imposing ridiculous fees on the already working stations. There is discussion of big sites like Pandora having to shut down because of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
well that sucks... is there some hate on for free media or something?

From the RIAA, yes. I hate those guys! I listen to internet radio all the time, but it may not be for much longer. I know they raised the tax or fee or whatever about a year ago or so, but now it looks like they are going to do it again.

Reaction score
hey there, i've fiddled around with nicecast, of which i've downloaded the latest version and i've discovered an answer to your problems, here is a simple step by step guide (idiot proof)

1. select the Effects tab and open the effects window, there will be a window with blank spots that say "click here to add effect" along with other GUI's on the left side. do not close this window.

2. click Nicecast (at the top of your screen, not on the window)>About Plugins

3. once your in the plugin window, scroll all the way down to the Voiceover option, they're all in alphabetical order

4. Click and drag the Voiceover plugin into your Effects window where it says "click here to add effect"

it is now ready to be used. Your voiceover plugin is now displayed in what was once an empty box, there are two knobs on it, and two buttons, one says editor. This is the only button you need to know about. click it.

The voiceover feature can be used in strict on/off settings for your stream in the way that one moment your music is playing, then it is replaced 100% by mic input. the defaults that are selected when you start keep it at this setting. by troubleshooting for about... 10 sec, with a friend, i discovered you may drag your crossfade option all the way to the left to allow for your music to continue unhindered while you setup and begin your Voiceover crossfade.

To prepare for a Crossfade

1. you begin by sliding your bar all the way to the left.

2. click start quite a bit ahead of when your song will end (10 sec. is usually fine)

3. when your song is ending you may slowly slide the bar to the right to cause your station to slowly fade out while your input fades in. this provides a professional feel to it that is fun and easy to use.

~DJ E2F

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.