iChat/MSN Messenger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig
Right, first off I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

anywho, I am currently contemplating a Macbook and I wanted to know what kind of instant messenger type applications I could use with it.
I know that Macbooks use/can use iChat, but will that still work with my hotmail email account, and will I be able to chat to my mates who use MSN messenger on their PCs?

If not... will I be able to download and install MSN messenger onto the Macbook without risking any illeffects?

Cheers
x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
You can use Adium which will connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Jabber ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Or just get plain old MSN for Mac. Not video support sadly, but it does the trick if MSN is what you want!

Reaction score
There's a current program called aMSN that I think allows the viewing of webcams.. and I got my webcam to work it once if I recall. It isn't the best, but it does sort of things the Mac Messenger won't (nudge, winks, sound clips and more). I personally don't like the feel of it so I stick with the Mac Messenger when it comes to MSN. Only downsides are no webcam, no soundclips, no MSN plus, nudges and more.

But I think you can use Adium for MSN which is ok.. I don't think MSN goes with iChat though. If you're looking to cam, I'd say go with stickam.com or another webcam-based site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
Hi, you could use Skype like I do and I also use Yahoo Messenger which has webcam settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.