Norton - can't get rid of it....help please...!

N

nadeem

After doing a search on the forum I tried to delete all the files for Norton (reason for doing so was to install virex and to try & restore entourage after a virus), all I'm left with is below:
232.jpg

when I try and drag them inot the trash folder I get the following message and can't get rid of them, the files are located in the system start up folder...can someone help please....
233.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
select all those files, click File>Get Info, in the ownership tab, make sure it all says read and write, including the tyhings in the details drop down in that same tab. Under Details, where it says Owner: (it probably says root here) click the lock to the right of that, enter your admin password, and select your username from the drop down list, then click the lock,
then restart, then do the search again, this time, it should let you delete them, if not, repair permissions, restart, and try again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Macman - Bringer of information.

OP
M

Mr. MAC

You might look into "Disk Warrior®", Which does pretty much the same thing as "Norton"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
actually no, disk warrior doesnt do the same things as norton utilities. with NU, you can recover erased data, and other stuff, plus screw up your OS, disk warrior rebuilds the entire drive perfectly, and can not recover lost data unless said data was found missing after a power failure or crash, I find most people dont use disk warrior correctly. plus you can use DW to monitor your drive so it catches any possible problems before they cause any damage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.