Norton System Works

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Hey guys,

I've been having this ANNOYING problem with Norton System Works, I figured since I had no protection from the outside world. I decided to get Norton System Works, ANYWAY. I'm very ANNOYED with the stupid program which practically slows my computer down! ANYWAY. Can someone tell me how to uninstall it? I used appzapper to uninstall it. But APPARENTLY IT STILL LIVES!! I've cleared my RecycleBin already and Rebotted AND ITS STILL THERE!

P/S : Norton is horrible. This is like the 7th time I complained about it. Windows or Mac it WORKS HORRIBLY!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
norton was great years ago on version 3 or 3.x..... for mac.... it went downhill on all versions after that imho. It is a terrible program. I recall people having system issues and being advised to remove anything by norton. Symantec has always been a PC company.... I think they sort of tinkered with mac stuff here and there, and it showed.

do a search for norton or systemworks. Any files you find move to the trash. That is how I recall getting rid of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
have you tries the symantec site

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/num.nsf/docid/2002110814042611

Once your clean make sure you have the OS X firewall on, unless you already have a firewall at the router

Then consider downloading the free ClamX, you can choose to run it manually, to point it to scan your default download folder, either way it wont tax your system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As louishen advises you have to download the uninstaller from the Symantec web site and really don't let SystemWorks close to your OS X.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
One problem here though. Like I've mentioned before. My Norton was actually zapped in to the bin and then emptied. Is there another way?

My apologies about the rant. I was just really frustrated that time with the program. I dont understand why people even bother using that program. ( Or how the company even survives )

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What do I do if its a downloaded image? I actually got it online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You perhaps should have moved the .dmg file to the left hand column of Disk Utility and burn it from there to a disc and then use that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.