Website and Google Searches

Reaction score
So I submitted my url for a website I made on iWeb to google, yahoo, and live search.

After a while, it began appearing in google searches.

Now the only problem is I drastically changed the site and added new information, but it still shows links (such as to pdf's) when you google seach to OLD outdated information and to pages that aren't there. For some reason, the PDFs still pop up.

How can I remove the PDFs from popping up. A bit mind-boggling because they are even ANY PDFs on my current.

Also, how long will it take google to "crawl" it again, or whatever it does, so that the content is new.

I read that if you re-submit your url, it makes no difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
If your URL is not a .Mac site, then your reload of a new iWeb layout does not delete old files. You have to do that manually.

Google is a weird mystery at times. Good luck getting to reindex your site. If you come up with the solution, please let us know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You just have to wait patiently for the google bot to reindex your site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Any FTP client should allow you to connect and see all of your files on the webserver. You can then just remove/delete the files through the FTP client so that they aren't accessible on your website any longer.

Reaction score
You have to remove the PDF files from your web hosting account or to password protect the directory. Another option is to place noindex, nofollow links!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.