very long bootup time and system using 25%

Reaction score
hi
i have finally managed to get my macbook pro to boot up. it took about 20 minutes to boot.

also according to istat the system is using around 25% of the cpu whilst only running safari (to type this message)

what could be the problem, i have recently installed vista and am wondering whether that could affect anything.

please help as its a new laptop and i need it to be functioning properly

thanks

Clayton

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Vista shouldn't effect it at all, I'm running Vista just fine. Only thing I can recommend would be to wipe everything and completely reinstall. If problem persists its most likely a hard drive on the way out the door.

OP
C
Reaction score
ok i thought that at first but vista runs just fine and boots up quickly.

i just thought it could of been vista because you often see complaints about people having to reset the pram after using windows

its still under warranty so if hard drive does go then ill get a new one for free :)

thanks for help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to System Preferences>Accounts and select your account, go to Login Items and make sure nothing is selected which will slow down the boot time.

OP
C
Reaction score
that was the first thing i checked but i always make sure nothing starts up when the computer boots as that is my main reason hate for xp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.